- Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
- Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Salary: $79,749 USD annually
- Location: Remote; open to candidates in the U.S., Canada, and United Kingdom
- Paid leave (vacations and holidays): 30 days per year
As the Donor Relations Manager, you are responsible for raising funds to support the operations and programs of Animal Charity Evaluators (ACE) by securing major gifts from individual donors, foundations, organizations, and businesses. The Donor Relations Manager works closely with the Director of Philanthropy and the Philanthropy Officer and coordinates with other teams at ACE to cultivate and solicit support from new and existing donors.
Key areas of responsibility
Donor Relations and Fundraising
- Defines and identifies current major donors
- Conducts research on identified major donors and creates donor profiles
- Develops and implements individualized fundraising plans for major donors
- Provides tailored engagement and stewardship to major donors via personalized emails, one-on-one phone/video calls, in-person visits, custom proposals, etc.
- Offers support to major donors by providing information about giving platforms, tax deductibility, donation status, organizational updates, donation advice, etc.
- Acknowledges major donors through public and private recognition, as appropriate
- Conducts research on identified prospects and creates prospect profiles
- Assists the board and other staff with their fundraising efforts
- Tracks and reports progress using specific metrics
- Other duties as required, including providing support to the Director of Philanthropy
- Participates in developing philanthropy strategy
- Assists with branding and managing the monthly donor program
- Works with Communications to create optimal current and prospective donor experience
- Exercises decision-making discretion in the day-to-day operations of the major gift program on an independent basis and in consultation with the Philanthropy team
- Alignment with the mission and philosophy of ACE
- Basic understanding of the principles of effective altruism
- At least three years of experience in nonprofit development/philanthropy
- Successful experience in building and maintaining relationships with donors
- Successful experience in securing donations of $5,000+
- Experience in project management
- Experience with G Suite, CRMs, and online fundraising platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor and friendly attitude
- Willing to travel to events to engage with donors
- Highly organized and motivated to work independently with a remote team
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as needed during the busy giving season (November and December)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Salesforce and iWave
- Experience with cryptocurrency donations
- Fundraising certification is an asset
All applications will be processed with strict confidentiality. ACE thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunities
Animal Charity Evaluators (ACE) provides equal employment opportunities and highly values diversity. As such, we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and to making an impact. We offer a mission- and employee-focused virtual work environment and a competitive compensation package.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, persons living with disabilities, and people of various socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position.
Animal Charity Evaluators is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, creed or religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, body size, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, family status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), ancestry, place of origin, social condition, political belief or activity, conviction of an offense for which a pardon has been granted or in which a record suspension has been ordered, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
About Animal Charity Evaluators
ACE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit registered in the United States with a globally-distributed team dedicated to finding and promoting the most effective ways to help animals. We work toward this mission by evaluating and recommending charities, awarding grants to promising projects, and driving capital in the movement.