The Good Food Institute APAC (GFI APAC) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger, to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of animals. We are developing the roadmap for a sustainable, secure, and just protein supply, making sustainable proteins accessible, affordable and delicious. Please check out our Year In Review
to find out more about who we are, what we do, and why.
We are looking for an Operations Associate based in Singapore to support the Asia Pacific team as we build out our programmes and impact.
How you will make a difference:
GFI APAC’s Operations team manages finance, human resources, and legal compliance for the regions where GFI APAC operates, and provides administrative support to our programmatic experts who work in SciTech, Policy, and Corporate Engagement. In collaboration with our Associate Director of Operations, you will create organizational excellence through coordinating departmental synergies and optimizing internal systems such as Salesforce, Asana, and more.
Reporting to our Associate Director of Operations, you will:
- Be responsible for all the HR operations, including staff enrollment or exit, leave records, payroll, CPF contributions, labor benefits and other statutory processes.
- Support the hiring processes, including advertising and promoting roles, corresponding with candidates, and setting up assessments.
- Collaborate in the creation and introduction of new internal policies and processes, and the revision of existing ones.
- Support HR initiatives in employees’ development and team’s relations strengthening, and other HR projects
- Process incoming funds, purchase orders, payment transactions, and banking procedures.
- Coordinate our outsourced services; source new service partners as needed
- Contribute to formulate internal workflows to streamline processes.
- Be familiar with our internal systems such as Asana, Xero and Salesforce, create templates or guidelines to ensure operational efficiency.
- Maintain a library of GFI APAC’s internal documents, and ensure an organized and well-structured filing system is followed through.
EVENT/TRAVEL PLANNING & OTHERS
- Organize internal events, and support in small and larger conferences, including logistics and operational support.
- Perform other duties as required as a member of our small, dynamic team.
Who we’re looking for:
You must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 3 years (or more) of experience in a HR and administrative role, with basic knowledge in accounting and great interest in people operations. Nonprofit or startup experience is preferred.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- A passion and talent for devising and managing effective systems, fixing problems, and ensuring accurate and efficient administration.
- A can-do approach; an efficient and well-organized self-starter with the drive and initiative to take responsibility for delivering results.
- The willingness to learn, and help with a wide range of tasks, some of which will at times be repetitive.
- Comfort working flexibly both remote and onsite, and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization - the ability to work well independently and under pressure.
- A high level of IT literacy, including comfort with spreadsheets/databases and a willingness to learn new software packages.
- Experience using Google Suite, Asana, Salesforce, Xero is strongly preferred.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in English; fluency in Mandarin would be an advantage.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every race, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritise an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
Terms of Employment: Full time
Reports to: Associate Director of Operations, GFI APAC
- Benefits: Working from home and the office, flexible working hours, opportunity to create real impact, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- Application deadline: We will be assessing candidates on a rolling basis, so please apply now!
Application process: Please complete this short form, and upload your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter (max 1 page) should set out:
- What motivated you to apply for this role?
- How do you meet the requirements listed in the job description?
- Which bit of the job description energizes you the most?
If you have any questions about this role, please do reach out to us at email@example.com
. If you’ve read this far but decided not to apply, please feel free to share this job description with someone else in your network who you think might be a good fit for the role! Thank you!