Applications for this job may be closed.
Inspire super humans to support our superhuman task: Transforming the food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to harness the power of food innovation and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of farm animals annually. As a nonprofit, our work is only possible thanks to the support of a large community of highly engaged and generous supporters. GFI’s Philanthropy Officer - Western U.S. will be the primary liaison between GFI and a qualified portfolio of individual leadership donors and prospects. By inspiring their generosity, your work will directly impact how quickly we can transform the global food system with the latest innovations in clean meat and plant-based meat, dairy, and eggs.
How You Will Make a Difference
GFI is 100% supported by philanthropy, and currently, most of our funding is comprised of leadership donations. As our Philanthropy Officer - Western U.S., you will be responsible for securing the essential funds that power our work to transform animal agriculture, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, conserve natural resources, and prevent animal suffering on a massive scale by:
- Leading all aspects of GFI’s Western U.S. major gifts portfolio, including cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship events, as part of GFI’s Development team.
- Building strong, meaningful, long-term relationships with our leading individual donors and prospects, working closely with the Executive Director, Director of Development, and program staff, to maintain and expand their support.
- Developing and executing creative strategies to expand our major donor base, ensuring that we have a robust prospect pipeline.
- Preparing and executing management plans for all donors and prospects in your portfolio and meeting monthly performance metrics.
- Crafting and presenting creative funding proposals, identifying new and unique opportunities for fundraising growth, and preparing compelling personalized progress reports.
Who We’re Looking For
The Philanthropy Officer - Western U.S. must have:
- A proven track record of cultivating relationships with individuals and families with leadership giving potential and securing major gifts.
- A minimum of five years of previous development experience, including two years in a major gifts officer capacity.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- West coast residence or willingness to relocate at GFI’s expense (within reason).
- A willingness to travel extensively throughout the Western U.S., with frequent evening and weekend work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A capacity to work independently and effectively under the pressure of constant deadlines.
- An upbeat, engaging personality that will attract new supporters to invest in our mission and the ability to consistently motivate current donors to maintain and increase their support.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission.
- Adherence to a plant-based lifestyle preferred.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Clare Bland, Director of Development
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Remote work, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
Application Deadline: May 26, 2019
APPLY ONLINE AT https://grnh.se/11d61eb72
- Category Other
- Created by Anastasia Orth
- Submitted 08 May
- Last updated 08 May