Support our legal and finance team in our efforts to transform the global food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to enable GFI to meet its objectives by managing all aspects of contracts for the duration of the contract lifecycle. The Contract Manager will be responsible for:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts of all types with assistance from GFI’s lawyers, where necessary.
- Managing the tracking and administration of contracts including providing template agreements to GFI staff and helping them complete the templates.
- Putting in place a contract management system where contracts can be stored and contract compliance can be tracked (including renewal dates).
- Managing International Affiliate agreements to ensure compliance with contractual requirements including timely receipt of monthly/quarterly reports, that shareholder and board meetings are taking place, and that audits of financial records and local reporting are in compliance with requirements.
- Assisting with the development and administration of policies such as a contract management policy and a record-retention policy.
- Working with the IT team to find ways to leverage Salesforce for efficient contract management.
- Ensuring that GFI maintains excellent template agreements that are compliant with various requirements (e.g. the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR).
- Helping to identify recurring compliance and risk issues in GFI’s operations and program areas.
- Assisting GFI’s in-house attorneys in communicating legal responses and recommendations to team members and external stakeholders.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Contract Manager must have:
- A bachelor’s degree; four years experience as a contracts professional preferred. A law degree is preferred but not required.
- Self-motivation: the ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Experience or interest in taking initiative, identifying problems, and developing solutions.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the Google Suite of applications as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Sarah David, General Counsel and Director of Finance
Location: Remote; United States
Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
Application Deadline: September 29, 2019
- Category Other
- Created by Chris Hu
- Submitted 26 Aug
- Last updated 26 Aug