As Donor Engagement and Retention Specialist, you are responsible for defining an overall engagement and retention strategy to cultivate deep, meaningful and lasting relationships with donors who give up to $10,000. Blending creative communications with data-driven analysis, you will implement initiatives that reduce churn and increase lifetime donor value.
This is a newly created role and you will be a key architect for our retention and upgrade plans. You will be given latitude to experiment, implement, and iterate, and should therefore be someone who works well in an entrepreneurial environment and has a “get stuff done” attitude. You enjoy identifying and tackling new opportunities and are motivated to reach annual retention and donation goals.
- You will define and implement a strategy for how GiveWell onboards, stewards, engages, and renews donors contributing up to $10,000.
- You will become an expert on the donor lifecycle at GiveWell. You will use data to understand their behaviors and giving capacity, and develop strategies to prevent churn and encourage upgrading at key points in their lifecycle.
- You will create and execute communication campaigns end-to-end. This will include segmenting GiveWell’s donor database, crafting compelling communications for each segment, and designing and building campaigns in GiveWell’s CRM (Salesforce). In the long term this may entail email, direct mail, SMS and social media, though in the short-term we expect email to be the core focus of the role.
- You will analyze the effectiveness of past campaigns, adapting your strategy based on results.
- You will develop engagement and renewal goals and track quarterly progress. This will include measuring campaign KPIs, knowing when plans are under-performing, and implementing strategies to course-correct.
- You will leverage existing donor insights data and create new opportunities to gather data on GiveWell’s donors, such as surveys and split testing.
- You will build GiveWell’s advocacy program, managing relationships with ambassadors and helping to facilitate peer-solicitation and crowdfunding campaigns.
- You will identify and research high-capacity donors for targeted upgrade messaging and promotion to major gifts program.
- You will maintain accurate donor and pipeline information in GiveWell’s CRM.
- Category Community-building
- Created by Stephanie Stojanovic
- Submitted 01 Nov
- Last updated 01 Nov