Applications for this job may be closed.
Increase plant-based offerings at restaurants to improve our food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to initiate and coordinate projects that increase plant-based offerings at restaurants, thereby empowering consumers to make healthy, just, and sustainable choices. The Foodservice Analyst will be responsible for:
- Developing an annual scorecard which ranks the top 100 restaurant chains according to the breadth and depth of their plant-based entree offerings and the marketing of these items to mainstream consumers.
- Meeting and developing relationships with major US restaurant chains and convincing them to increase their plant-based food offerings by incorporating plant-based meat, egg, and dairy and/or whole food ingredients, as well as laying the groundwork for introducing other alternative protein foods.
- Promoting the effective marketing of plant-based foods and ingredients using best practices that appeal to mainstream consumers.
- Establishing GFI as the authority on the plant-based supply landscape, market and consumer research, and dining for foodservice companies and the media.
- Gaining an understanding of the constraints to achieving our mission including foodservice distribution and developing an action plan to reduce barriers.
- Developing strong relationships with and a deep product knowledge of plant-based meat, dairy, and egg manufacturers.
- Coordinating special projects to promote plant-based products and working with companies to expand their consumer base.
- Delivering presentations on the benefits of plant-based and alternative protein foods at foodservice industry conventions and other relevant conferences.
- Creating a targeted newsletter for foodservice audiences that highlights progress and opportunities in the industry.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Foodservice Analyst must have:
- Persuasive and engaging interpersonal skills.
- Superb partnership development skills.
- A proven ability to influence decision-makers and engage corporate executives.
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Infectious enthusiasm for GFI’s mission
- At least three years of business development, marketing, sales, or corporate affairs experience preferred
- An ability to excel in media interviews.
- The ability to travel frequently.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Zak Weston, Foodservice & Supply Chain Manager
Location: Remote; United States
Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
Salary: $40,000 to $50,000
Application Deadline: January 19, 2020
- Category Environmentalism
- Created by Chris Hu
- Submitted 09 Dec
- Last updated 09 Dec