Applications for this job may be closed.
Investor Relations Specialist or Senior Investor Relations Specialist
Help accelerate the industry transforming the global food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead GFI’s investor engagement to drive investment in the alternative protein industry. GFI’s Investor Relations Specialist or Senior Investor Relations Specialist will be responsible for:
- Crafting and executing a strategy to increase investment (including angel, venture, private equity, corporate, and public equity) in the alternative protein industry.
- Conducting outreach to encourage investments in the alternative protein industry and develop GFI’s investor network.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for our investor audience and acting as a liaison with GFI subject matter experts, as well as international offices, to serve investor needs.
- Analyzing market and investment data and sharing insights through written communications and presentations.
- Maintaining and expanding upon GFI’s library of investor support resources and relevant databases.
- Representing GFI at industry conferences and events to educate potential investors about opportunities in the alternative protein sector.
- Providing support to startups that are seeking fundraising, including providing feedback on pitch decks and maintaining an investor database.
- Collaborating on other high-impact initiatives with the Corporate Engagement, SciTech, and Communications Teams.
- Performing any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director of Corporate Engagement.
Who We’re Looking For
The Investor Relations Specialist or Senior Investor Relations Specialist must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (MBA or equivalent experience preferred).
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- A demonstrated strong work ethic, a high degree of self-motivation, and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Persuasive and engaging interpersonal skills; the ability to build effective working relationships with senior executives and investors.
- A thorough understanding of the investment industry and fundraising for start-ups.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision-making, including setting and managing priorities and meeting competing deadlines.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission and ability to professionally advocate for GFI’s positions; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
An ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working as an investment analyst, investment associate, venture associate, or similar role within the broader investment industry.
- Familiarity with the alternative protein industry (plant-based meat, eggs, and dairy; cultivated meat; and fermentation).
- Experience successfully managing large cross-functional projects.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Caroline Bushnell, Associate Director of Corporate Engagement
Location: Remote; United States
Travel: Up to two weeks per year for company retreats and occasional travel to conferences and events.
Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
This is a U.S.-based position: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
Application Deadline: April 5, 2020
Please contact Team Expansion Leader Jamie Bonner at JamieB@gfi.org if you have any questions about this position. To learn more about GFI’s application and hiring process, you’re invited to attend GFI’s next hiring information session.
Please apply online at https://grnh.se/237a71d22
- Category Other
- Created by Chris Hu
- Submitted 19 Feb
- Last updated 19 Feb