Applications for this job may be closed.
Development Operations Manager
Manage key projects and databases for the team that generates the resources fueling GFI’s impact.
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide strategic leadership and ongoing core support to the Development Department. As the lead project manager for key internal processes, you will serve as the backbone to many of GFI’s essential fundraising initiatives. The Development Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Initiating and managing projects that require cross-team and cross-department collaboration by developing and maintaining essential documents including timelines, calendars, and meeting notes, and working with the department executive assistant to organize and schedule projects in Asana and Google.
- Managing gift processing workflow in coordination with the department executive assistant and GFI’s Finance and Legal Teams: processing, documenting, tracking, and allocating incoming gifts, and generating timely gift-related correspondence.
- Maintaining, updating, and organizing ongoing projects and databases in Salesforce, Asana, and Google; serving as the department’s point of contact for these technologies.
- Collecting and analyzing data for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and analysis.
- Creating and upholding standard operating procedures to streamline department processes; recommending solutions to enhance the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Development Operations Manager must have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a project management role.
- Experience with CRMs and/or donor databases required; proficiency in Salesforce, Google Suite, or Asana preferred.
- A capacity to build strong working relationships and work effectively as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of fundraising processes and/or experience working with donors (preferred).
- Self-motivation with ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude and a capacity to think creatively in problem-solving.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Susan Halteman, Director of Development
Location: Remote; United States
Travel: Up to two weeks per year for company retreats.
Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
This is a U.S.-based position: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
Application Deadline: April 5, 2020
Please apply online at https://grnh.se/700d2a542
Please contact Team Expansion Leader Jamie Bonner at JamieB@gfi.org if you have any questions about this position. To learn more about GFI’s application and hiring process, you’re invited to attend our next hiring information session.
- Category Other
- Created by Chris Hu
- Submitted 06 Mar
- Last updated 06 Mar