Investor Engagement Specialist or Senior Investor Engagement Specialist
Help accelerate the industry transforming the global food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead GFI’s efforts to drive overall investment in the alternative protein industry. GFI’s Investor Engagement Specialist or Senior Investor Engagement Specialist will be responsible for:
- Crafting and executing a strategy to increase investment (including venture, private equity, corporate, and public equity) in the alternative protein industry.
- Conducting broad outreach to investors to educate them about the alternative protein industry and expand GFI’s investor database.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for our investor audience and acting as a liaison with GFI subject matter experts, as well as international affiliates.
- Analyzing market and investment data and sharing insights through widely disseminated written communications and presentations.
- Maintaining and expanding upon GFI’s publicly available library of investor support resources and relevant databases.
- Representing GFI at industry conferences and events to educate potential investors about opportunities in the alternative protein sector.
- Educating startups that are seeking fundraising, including providing feedback on pitch decks and directing them to relevant GFI resources.
- Collaborating on other high-impact initiatives with the Corporate Engagement, SciTech, Communications, and Development Teams.
- Performing any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director of Corporate Engagement.
Who We’re Looking For
The Investor Engagement Specialist or Senior Investor Engagement Specialist must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (MBA or equivalent experience preferred).
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- A demonstrated strong work ethic, a high degree of self-motivation, and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Persuasive and engaging interpersonal skills; the ability to build effective working relationships with senior executives and investors.
- A thorough understanding of the investment industry and fundraising for startups.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision-making, including setting and managing priorities and meeting competing deadlines.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission and ability to professionally advocate for GFI’s positions; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
An ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working as an investment analyst, investment associate, venture associate, or similar role within the broader investment industry.
- Familiarity with the alternative protein industry (plant-based meat, eggs, and dairy; cultivated meat; and fermentation).
- Experience successfully managing large cross-functional projects.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Caroline Bushnell, Associate Director of Corporate Engagement
- Location: Remote; United States
- Travel: Under normal circumstances, up to two weeks per year for company retreats and occasional travel to conferences and events. During the pandemic, all business is being conducted virtually.
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
Please review our detailed hiring brochure (direct download) to learn more about GFI’s mission and strategic objectives, our team, the hiring process, and more! https://go.gfi.org/hiring-brochure
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Category Other
- Created by Anastasia Orth
- Submitted 26 Aug
- Last updated 26 Aug