Apply through the EA Kenya all-in-1 form. Do not hesitate to contact us (EffectiveAltruismKenya@gmail.com) with any questions.
EA Kenya seeks 3–9 remote interns for the mid-January–early May, 2021, period. The start and end dates are somewhat flexible.
Time commitment: 1–5 hours/week.
These positions are unpaid. However, we can work with you on anything else that you may need.
We accept applications on a rolling basis. We aim to get back to all applicants by mid-January, 2021.
Each intern team should work with an EA Kenya member responsible for the area of focus. The idea is that the intern will upskill that member, who may be able to share these skills further, in the Kenyan context or otherwise, at an emerging economy rate or volunteer time opportunity cost.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Intercultural communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Professionalism and reliability
- Familiarity with Effective Altruism
Online media and communications
- Increase the number of website viewers, newsletter subscribers, and followers of EA Kenya online media (WhatsApp group, Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn page) while effectively filtering for spam and preventing being labeled as spam
- Professionalize the EA Kenya website
- Develop a semi-automated framework to filter and post useful content, important announcements, and reminders
- Draft individualized messages to be shared with members based on their background, preferences, interests, and objectives; integrate message templates to online communication channels
- Familiarity with online media, such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and WordPress
- Experience with identifying useful information from a plethora of text
- Ability to integrate operations automation tool, such as Zapier, to online media
- Good personal judgment on an appropriate extent and content of opt-in promotional messages
- Degree in computer science or related fields (pursuing or completed) preferred
- Graphic design skills are a plus
- Work with the organizers to refine and assign meaning to the EA Kenya Mission & Vision
- Develop the mid-January–end of August, 2021, strategy to increase the group’s efficiency in doing increasingly more good
- Advise volunteers’ prioritization decisions
- Great listening and communication skills
- Preference for thinking (fast or slow) before making decisions
- Demonstrated ability to increase the positive impact of a venture is a plus
- Improve and augment EA Kenya services
- Estimate the cost-effectiveness of EA Kenya project ideas, brainstorm other ideas with members and pilot the ones potentially competitive with those of leading EA organizations, establishing a cost-effectiveness evaluation framework
- Communicate with EA organizations and local stakeholders regarding mutually beneficial partnerships
- Category Community-building
- Created by Barbora Hanzalova
- Submitted 18 Nov
- Last updated 18 Nov