Job Description: The Future of Life Institute is hiring a producer for the Future of Life Institute Podcast to help with the production and growth of the show. The Producer will be responsible for the editing, production, publishing, and analytics tracking of the audio and visual content of the podcast. The Producer will work with and under the close supervision of the Host and Director of the podcast, and also within FLI’s outreach team.
Location(s): Remote, preferably between the time zones of PST to CET.
Hours: Full-time equivalent, flexible hours.
Contract Type: Consultancy.
Compensation: $20-$30 per hour.
- Reviewing audio/video content for quality.
- Coordinating with the audio/video editor to develop episodes.
- Publishing podcast content to video and audio feeds.
- Reviewing podcast transcriptions and constructing WordPress pages.
- Creating or managing the creation of design materials such as thumbnails, logos, and video elements.
- Selecting highlights of the podcast to publish on our social media channels.
- Coordinating with our social media team for the effective promotion of content.
- Tracking analytics and metrics for understanding trends and best practices.
- Working with the host to improve the overall content and quality of the show.
- Researching potential guests.
- Idealistic, self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, industrious, and generally capable.
- Excited by the prospect of joining a small but very influential team looking to improve humanity’s future.
- Fluency in English.
- An ability to work independently and quickly, with a proactive work-ethic. Physical location is largely immaterial but the willingness to travel to occasional events is important. Though the Podcast Producer will work closely with the outreach team, the position requires an ability to work geographically separate from the rest of the team, as well as an ability to manage one’s time responsibly.
- A strong interest in technology and existential risk, as well as the power and potential of existential risk outreach.
- Enjoys engaging with and creating audio and visual content.
- A bachelor’s degree (or due to receive one in Summer 2021).
- Previous experience with podcasting, YouTube, and content creation.
- Strong interest in one or more of the following domains: effective altruism, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, nuclear weapons, lethal autonomous weapons, global catastrophic and existential risk.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Familiarity with audio and video editing programs.
application form and respond to the prompts (max 500 words per answer).
Stage 2: Interviews with the Host & Director of the podcast as well as with FLI board members.
Deadline: July 31st, 23.59 GMT, with rolling applications thereafter until the role is filled.
Questions or concerns may be directed to email@example.com