We’re hiring for full-time data scientists working remotely (from anywhere in the world). We have two different projects we’re hiring for:
(1) A stock market/finance-related project. You’ll be working with a mathematician to enhance a system we developed for testing hypotheses in financial markets, written in Python. Together we’re going to explore new hypotheses in financial markets using a unique approach.
(2) A project where we’re taking new data-driven approaches to personality testing. We’ll be exploring different ways to improve upon existing scientific personality measurement systems.
A strong background in programming is required. The projects will be in Python, but it’s okay if you’ve never used Python before.
These projects are a great opportunity to:
- Build your data science skills
- Improve your Python programming
- Learn about (1) finance and the stock market or (2) personality testing
- Learn about machine learning methods
- Learn how to do hypothesis-testing in novel ways
- Shape the project as a critical team member
- Enjoy a balance between autonomy and support/feedback
This work will involve tasks such as:
- Writing Python code
- Applying statistical and machine learning-based methods to make predictions
- Finding relevant datasets and integrating them into our system
- Connecting our system with APIs and other services
- Writing unit tests to make sure our system functions properly
- Generally taking charge of whatever has to happen to move the project forward - this will include non-programming-related tasks that require you to coordinate with other team members, find appropriate datasets, keep the project on track, etc.
Mandatory requirements for applying:
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language
- At least some data science or statistics experience
- The ability to learn new, complex ideas quickly
Traits that it’s helpful to have (but not required):
- Experience programming in Python
- Familiarity with common Python data science packages such as NumPy, pandas, and Scikit-learn
- Understanding of linear algebra and statistics
- A preference for writing high-quality code and testing code carefully
- Experience with machine learning methods
- Attention to detail
- Experience (1) working with stock or financial data or (2) running psychological studies
- Understanding of (1) stock market-related and finance-related concepts or (2) personality-related research
You’ll be able to work from home, and we’re flexible about what hours you choose to work. This job pays $24 USD/hour, and you can expect to work roughly 30-40 hours per week (depending on your preference).