At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, we’ve raised over $4 billion for the most impactful social causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Airbnb.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance team on a 9-12 month maternity cover contract.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day processing and finance administration across our UK, US and German entities, handling regular bookkeeping and both internal and external finance-related queries. During this maternity cover contract, you will be supporting with our upcoming global audits, which will involve working closely with our deployments and fundraising teams to gather necessary documentation, preparing and checking reconciliations, and responding to audit queries.
This is an exciting opportunity to use and build your finance experience in one of the fastest-growing and most impactful global charities and could either be an excellent first step into the nonprofit sector, or an opportunity to solidify your nonprofit finance expertise.
Reporting to our Financial Controller, you will regularly be required to:
- Take control of all day-to-day processing and posting of transactions onto our accounting system and other platforms, filings and operations across our three entities
- Provide excellent customer service both internally and externally, as the first point of contact for the Finance team
- Manage all queries from internal teams and external stakeholders, resolving or escalating questions where appropriate
- Manage weekly and monthly account reconciliations
- Support our Financial Controller in ad-hoc financial projects
- Assist with the year-end and audit processes across the 3 entities
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Start date: December 2021 / January 2022
Contract length: 12 months
Location: Remote, UK (or from our office in London!)
We’re looking for someone who has demonstrable previous experience in a similar role, and in particular you’re likely to have:
- Bookkeeping experience within a small team, in a busy organisation
- A passion for customer service and providing exceptional support to internal and external clients
- Familiarity with accounting
- A commercial mindset and the natural ability to problem solve and multitask
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Some knowledge and experience of using Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience using Salesforce, Spendesk and Xero would be a plus, but by no means necessary
WHY WORK WITH US?
What makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working.
We ask that applicants to this role are based within the UK. Although we have a small HQ in London, there’s no expectation for you to attend on a regular basis. At the same time, if you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, this can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when safe to do so)!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We seek people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share our drive to understand and solve complex social challenges.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Finding solutions to the world’s most pressing problems requires different perspectives and unique ways of thinking and we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.