We’re looking for a passionate designer to help us progress and elevate the user interface and experience design of our up-and-coming mental health app Mind Ease, which is focused on reducing common-to-severe experiences of anxiety and depression.
Our vision is to make Mind Ease a world class app that is widely used and recognised alongside established competitors in the mental health space. We’ve successfully completed a solid first round of fundraising, recently acquired a sibling app focused on depression, and are now expanding the team.
The role is ideally suited to a strong designer and design thinker with a lot of initiative, a very visual person with a focus on user interface and experience design, but not limited to it.
Mind Ease is run by a team of dedicated and creative people who get a lot of joy out of seeing their positive impact on the growing number of people who benefit from our work. You’d have peer support, working alongside our Head of Creative & UX and Creative Designer, and field-specific support from mental health experts in our content team.
Some reasons you may enjoy this position:
- Work from anywhere you like while collaborating with a remote team
- Help develop a cutting-edge mental health project
- Be a crucial part of getting anxiety-reducing help to the people who need it most
- Experiment with new tools or approaches to your work and grow your practice in a supportive environment
- Feel seen and appreciated for having initiative and creative ambitions
- Have a large impact on the success of a meaningful project targeted at improving the lives of other people - your work will be a major factor in our growth and success
- Work with a passionate bunch of talented folks who will be very excited to have you on board!
The starting pay range is £32,000 - 37,000 p/a (depending on experience). We’re happy to ensure you have the hardware and software you need to work at your best, we offer support for your long-term development, including courses, conference attendance, etc. We also have an unlimited paid time off policy, a playful and non-hierarchical work culture, and have assembled a team of genuinely lovely humans.
The role will entail working with our Head of Creative & UX to improve the user experience and design of our app Mind Ease.
In the role you’ll:
- Familiarise yourself with our mental health content as it expands from anxiety-focused to also include low mood and depression, and create accessible and intuitive UIs to help users find what they need
- Collaborate on the ideation process for new designs and structure within the app
- Deliver proposals to the team for improving the user experience
- Collaborate with the rest of the team, including assisting our mental health experts in the visual design and creation of new content, and our dev team who will implement your designs of the app
Who you are
Someone who pursues clear communication, but wrapped in delight, conscious and aware of design history, styles and trends. You are very particular about visual hierarchy and information architecture, typographical detail and composition.
In your day to day life you are observant and passionate about visual detail: from a new app you try, to something in a film or animation you watched, to street art you walk by, and would be passionate about sharing thoughts on these with your team.
Generally speaking, you love creativity, and love it even more when creative ideas are professionally executed and packaged.
- Experience with visual design
- Comfortable creating user interfaces
- Proficient with at least of the following software: Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD
- Proficient with at least one interactive prototyping tool (eg. Marvel, Invision, etc)
- Comfortable with Adobe software basics (knowing your way around PS, AI, AE)
- Some experience (or proof of experimentation) with interaction design
- Familiar with best practices in app and website design
- Highly attentive to detail
- Happy chatting via Slack and video calls
- You learn new skills quickly and enjoy learning new things
- You update beliefs quickly in-line with new evidence
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excited about taking ownership of projects
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with motion design, primarily using After Effects (and extra bonus points for experience with Lottie / Bodymovin) or Principle
- Are a process-oriented and conscientious person
- Are curious and inquisitive, with a tendency to test theories and gather evidence
- Are familiar with the mental health (app) space
- You recognise the importance of mental health as a cause
- Are based within a few hours of the GMT timezone (or happy to work similar hours), and in particular London
If it sounds like you’d find the above fulfilling, then please get in touch!