Who we are:
The Humane League UK is a charity ending the abuse of animals raised for food by influencing the policies of the world's biggest companies, demanding legislation, and empowering others to take action. We're a mission-driven, energetic team focussed on problem-solving and effective teamwork, and have grown significantly over the last few years. Thanks to our targeted approach, our effectiveness in reducing animal suffering and our efficient use of donations, The Humane League has been named Top Charity by the independent evaluator Animal Charity Evaluators for every rating period.
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and being an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed Employer, demonstrating our commitment to recruiting, retaining, and supporting disabled people and people with health conditions, based on their skills and talent.
In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all applicants will receive unbiased consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, neurodiversity, age, or veteran status.
You can read more about how The Humane League UK is working on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion here
If you have any questions or concerns regarding accessibility, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss via email or telephone reasonable adjustments that you may require throughout the process.
We are seeking a creative, well organised, collaborative individual with the drive to create progressive change for millions of farmed animals. You will be part of a small, high-impact team specialising in campaigning for improved corporate policy and legal reform where constant learning and improvement are highly valued.
This is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours per week) with flexible working hours from time to time to facilitate street actions, protests and other campaign activities.
If you would like to learn more about the Campaign Coordinator role, you can watch the recording of our recent webinar here
Who you are:
You are passionate about The Humane League’s mission of ending the abuse of animals raised for food and will exert pressure in just the right places to create change at a corporate or legal level. Reporting to the Campaigns Manager, the role involves acting as an essential support to drive the success of all our campaigns.
You are someone who considers themselves to have determination to change the world and a campaigner-spirit. While working with autonomy is an important part of your role, strong collaboration and communication skills are paramount to your success. The collaboration also extends beyond our team and to our volunteer and supporter network and the staff members who work with them, as well as other organisations as part of the Open Wing Alliance.
- Delivering primarily digital/online campaigns using a range of tools.
- Researching targets, identifying campaign opportunities, building campaign content and coordinating campaign actions.
- Setting up and acting as a project coordinator for campaigns and specific projects.
- Sourcing and engaging external suppliers and freelancers to support our campaign efforts.
- Providing input to other campaigns run by the organisation and debriefs.
- Organising and attending campaign protests, stunts and actions.
- Working closely with the Organising Team and the Communications Team to maximise volunteer and supporter involvement in campaigns.
- Delivering a range of public engagements from presentations to Facebook lives
- Attending conferences, events, protests and actions.
- Updating the wider team on campaign progress.
- Participating in team meetings including note-taking and facilitation.
- Attending in-person workshops several times a year.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Campaigns Manager.
Communication: Ability to write, present and speak clearly and effectively. You are an exceptional communicator and can adapt to different tones and styles.
Creative: Ability to consider something in a new way. You use analysis, open-mindedness, and visual thinking in all that you do.
Problem-solving: Relentless in the face of challenging campaigns and enthusiastic about solving problems.
Organised: You can stick to strict schedules and prioritise your work, enabling you to be nimble and reactive.
Team player: You value the benefits of teamwork, making your contribution confidently within the team. You are comfortable working with staff from different teams.
Good to know:
Our employees all work remotely but still enjoy a supportive, collaborative environment. You will have access to a workplace pension, 25 days leave plus Public Holidays, flexible working hours, internet reimbursement, our Employee Assistance Programme, and family-friendly policies. Professional learning and development is actively encouraged.
At The Humane League, animal welfare is at the forefront of our everyday work and as such, many of our employees are vegan by personal choice. All of our events and workshops offer only plant-based meals.
We are looking to speak to a wide range of candidates with diverse backgrounds - #NonGraduatesWelcome
For our salaries to be fair, transparent and equitable we want to provide a system that delivers a competitive salary in the market and could eliminate potential biases in compensation (such as the gender pay gap). For more information about the Campaign Coordinator salary please click here
All applicants need to be:
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Live and have the right to work in the UK (we are unable to consider applications from those without the right to work in the UK)
- Committed to our mission to end the abuse of animals raised for food.
Closing date: Sunday 15th May 2022
You will hear from us after the application closing date passes. Once your application has been received and reviewed and when we want to take it forward, our thorough interview process will follow this route:
- Skills Test (completed remotely)
- First Interview (via video call)
- Final Interview (via video call)
For full details of our recruitment process click here