We are looking for capable and self-motivated generalists to help the MATS Operations Director support our fast-growing AI alignment research community. Strong candidates are excited about alignment field-building, have experience in operations, and enjoy fast-paced, dynamic work.
Compensation will be $70k-$120k per year, depending on experience and location. Must be willing to work from Berkeley, CA, and/or London, UK. Full-time work during Q4 2022 and Q1 2023 (potentially continuing beyond this).
Specific responsibilities will vary depending on our needs, but standard tasks will include:
- Coordinating office space with our vendors;
- Securing and arranging housing accommodations for scholars;
- Helping coordinate in-person workshops and online seminars;
- Organizing catering;
- Responding to spontaneous operational needs as they arise; and
- Generally helping ensure the smooth operation of MATS.