About the job
is an online platform where people can discover and back ventures addressing humanity’s existential risks (e.g. climate, AI safety, biohacking) by contributing their talent/money/time. It's like crowdsourcing x crowdfunding classifieds for existential risk ventures. Our community currently includes advisors from Amazon, talent from Ivy League schools and ventures like Moonscape. Check out our landing page
for more info.
We are a very early-stage startup looking for an intern to work closely with the founder on a variety of tasks (Growth, Marketing, Product), with a focus on growing our user base.
This is an unpaid, fully remote part-time role with the potential to become full-time and paid with equity.
- Design and implement a strategic plan to grow our user base of contributors and ventures
- Identify, shortlist and acquire new users and ventures
- Create content such as emails, online forum posts, blog posts, newsletters, and social media content.
- Conduct experiments for SEO, social media, landing pages, emails, ads etc.
- Organize and manage community building initiatives to cultivate and grow participation in community
- Contribute to overall concept of the startup and product
- Participate in sales calls and in-person networking events as needed
- You are hungry and driven with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You have an interest in effective altruism, especially longtermism and existential risks
- You have an interest or experience in advertising, SEO, social media or community management.
- You are creative and understand your target audience
- You are able to communicate your vision in a clear way
- Not shy (e.g. you're not afraid to post to forums or attend in-person networking events)
- Native/fluent in English is a must
- Knowledge of design, copywriting or development is a plus
- We will consider individuals from any educational background, and especially welcome applications from those at business school, computer or data science, or marketing
- Bonus: you're a member of a fraternity/sorority and/or well-connected into large campus organizations
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to combine important social goals with high-growth entrepreneurship. You’ll be working on addressing the world’s most important issues.
- Be a core member of a young startup, have a lot of responsibility and experience taking a company from product-market fit to growth.
- Fully remote, flexible hours
- Potential for a full-time role with equity
Some of our achievements so far
- Interest from 10 companies (incl. Skycool Systems, Paragon and Helios)
- 120+ contributor signups (incl. developers, NASA scientists, marketers and VCs)
- Accepted into Founder Institute and Blaze, pre-seed accelerators with the latter being focused on space startups