Helping end extreme global poverty
Due to unfair trade deals and loans, land grabs, tax evasion and corruption by the wealthy nations, the unequal costs of climate change and other injustices, the world’s poorest people and nations subsidize the world’s richest with a net $3 trillion. Every year.
This helps explain why:
- Sub-Saharan Africa has 149 million more people in extreme poverty than in 1990.
Source: World Bank
- More than 3 billion people live on less than $5.50 a Day.
Source: World Bank
Reforming huge injustices is a very cost-effective way to help create a more sustainable, just, peaceful and beautiful world.
Hearts and Minds
® is building public education and advocacy to support reforms in global trade, aid and economics.
We’ll recruit and work with activists to encourage the media and Congress to support and pass reform legislation.
A leadership role to:
- Set and manage strategic direction, working directly with Hearts and Minds’ founder and president, Bill Blackman, who has 40 years of marketing, communications, nonprofit and business management experience.
- Manage and delegate marketing, communications, nonprofit, tech and office management.
- Create and build relationships with donors, allied organizations, the media, political leaders, celebrities and other influencers, volunteers and activists.
- Work with volunteers from a wide range of professional, economic, ethnic and national backgrounds.
- Oversee, and perform operational tasks, including financial management and governance.
- Anticipate future needs and fundraise to meet them.
Seeking previous management success with:
- Building an organization
- Marketing and communications
- Leadership delivering multiple projects
- Volunteer and staff recruitment and management
- Developing relationships at a senior level
- Understanding and communicating analytical concepts including mass communications and media interviews
- Fundraising including major donors and online
- Website development/design/UX
- Digital marketing
Work schedule / compensation / location
You may be hired initially on a consultant basis, $30 - $50 an hour for several months potentially transitioning to full-time employment.
Salary for a 12-month contract may then be $50,000 - $70,000 or more, depending on experience, extendable depending on Hearts and Minds’s growth and performance.
If you’re available to work in our Midtown Manhattan office, that’s a plus, though an ability to manage teams remotely may suffice.
Please contact Bill Blackman at Bill@HeartsAndMinds.org including a cover letter, CV and three professional references. Your recruitment may also include interviews in person or by online video and an analysis task.
Deadline for applications: Friday April 30th.